What is the Mediterranean Diet?
The Mediterranean Diet refers to the traditional eating habits in the countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea. There’s not one standard Mediterranean diet. Eating styles vary among the bordering countries and even among regions within each country because of differences in culture, ethnic background, religion, economy, geography, and agricultural production.
– plenty of fruits, vegetables, bread and other grains
– plenty of potatoes, beans, nuts and seeds
– olive oil as a primary fat source
– low to moderate amounts of dairy products, eggs, fish and poultry
The Mediterranean Diet Lifestyle:
– sharing meals with others, without distraction from screens and other devices
– have red wine in small servings, with a meal, and not every day
– flavor your foods with herbs and spices rather than salt
Tomato and Basil Dressing
Dried Herb Blends