8 - 12 people
2h 00 am
A graceful cake with Amaretti cookies, that are not only delicious but also perfect for the preparation of desserts. Nice to know: The origin of the amaretti can be found in medieval Italy. At the end of the 13th century they became very popular in the Arabic countries, and later in the Renaissance troughout Europe. Amaretti are not only produces in Lombardi, Italy, but also in France, Lorraine and the Pyrenees.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1 package (7 oz) Amaretti Refill
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 cup Pure chocolate
- 1 can Condensed milk
- 3 tbsp Coffee Cream
- ⅓ cup Dried cranberry’s
- 1 cup White chocolate
- 2 tbsp Almond Cream
- 1 cup Red fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Pulp Vinegar
- 2 spring forms 16 cm
- Piping bag
- Baking paper
- Build up the cake layer by layer as follows: Base: Line the spring form with baking paper. Grind 75 g Amaretti crumbs. Melt the butter in a pan, remove from the heat and stir in the Amaretti crumbs. Spread this over the bottom of the spring form tin and press firmly. Refrigerate until the next step.
- Chocolate layer: Roughly chop 125 g Amaretti. Melt the chocolate and condensed milk in a bain-marie in a pan. Remove from heat, fold in the Crema al Caffè and then the Amaretti. Pour the half of the mixture on top of the base. Pour the rest in the other spring form. Leave to stiffen in the refrigerator for at least one hour until the next step.
- White chocolate-almond mixture: Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie and remove from the heat. Fold in the Crema di Mandorle. Place in a piping bag.
- Fruit filling: Mix the fruit with the Strawberry Vinegar.
- Structure: Take the layer with the base and use the piping bag to add the majority of the white chocolate mixture in a circle on the edge of the chocolate base. Work in layers to build up a thick layer. Put the fruit filling inside this circle. Put with the second layer of chocolate on top. Garnish the top layer with the remaining white chocolate mixture. This cake can be prepared a day in advance. Add the red fruit to garnish just before serving. Garnishing tip: Melt 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped dark chocolate and mix with 1 tbsp. Dolce Nero Coffee. Put into a piping bag and apply thin lines on top of the cake.