O&V Lemon Favorites
Limoni Dishware Line
with Champagne Vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F and take the butter out of the fridge.
- Finely dice the celery and soak it in Marc de Champagne Vinegar for half an hour.
- Mix the Herb Butter Mix with 4 tbsp. of warm water and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then mix it with the butter.
- Cut the baguette into thin slices and spread on the herb butter. Bake slices for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix mayonnaise with the Lemon & White Pepper Seasoning. Mix lemon zest and juice from half a lemon with the mayonnaise. To taste, add a drop of hot sauce to the mayonnaise. Add the shrimp.
- Peel the cucumber, halve lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber into thin slices.
- Remove the leaves and stems of the radishes and cut them into thin slices.
- Mix Lemon Olive Oil, lemon juice of the remaining half lemon and a pinch of salt.
- Marinate the cucumber and radishes with this mix.
- Wash the lettuce and cut in half. Remove the celery from the vinegar and mix with the lettuce.
- Sprinkle a bit of Lemon Olive Oil over the lettuce and add to the bottom of a glass.
- Add the shrimp on top and use the cucumber and radishes as garnishes.
Lemon Chili Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 450 grams (1 pound) chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the chicken in the olive oil, ground coriander, ground cumin, salt and garlic for at least 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the chicken in a single layer. Fry undisturbed until browned. Flip the chicken pieces and brown the other side.
- Add the onions, and green and red bell peppers. Stir-fry until the vegetables are mostly cooked.
- Add the Lemon Chili Sauce and flour and stir-fry until there is no liquid left.
- Turn up the heat to high, and then add the chicken stock and lemon juice and continue stir-frying until the sauce coats the chicken and there is very little liquid left in the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, and then sprinkle on the sumac. Serve with rice.
Lemon Curd Trifle
- 12 Triple Choc Chunk Biscuits*
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 6 tablespoons Strawberry Rhubarb Pulp Vinegar
- 500 g quark
- 300 g whipped cream
- 40 g vanilla sugar
- 1 jar of Lemon Curds*
- 1 sprig of basil
*Products at select O&V locations.
Crumble the cookies and put them in a bowl. Hull and halve the strawberries, then put them in another bowl with a dash of strawberry rhubarb pulp vinegar and allow to marinate. Whip the cream with vanilla sugar, then fold into the cottage cheese and refrigerate.
Grab a mason jar and put the crumbled cookies on the bottom. Add half of the creamy cottage cheese mix as a second layer, then add the strawberries and top with lemon curd. Add the second half of the cottage cheese mix and finish with strawberries, lemon curd, and basil leaves.