7 - 8 people
Is your mouth watering just looking at this delicious cheesecake with chocolate cookie crust? This cake is the perfect combination of fresh, tangy and sweet. Follow the recipe below and enjoy this delightful dessert together with your friends and family.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 4 rhubarb stalks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pie Crust:
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp powdered cacao
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup pure chocolate
- 1/4 cup Arbequina EVOO
- 1 egg yolk
- sea salt
- Compote: Cut the rhubarb into 1-inch cubes. Mix the rhubarb cubes with sugar in a pan and allow to soak for half an hour, covered. Transfer the pan to the stove and stew the rhubarb for around 5 minutes until a soft compote emerges.
- Pie Crust: Line the bottom of a baking mold with baking paper. Heat the olive oil with pure chocolate in a pan until the chocolate has melted.
- Transfer the flour, powdered cacao, sugar, egg yolk and a pinch of sea salt to a blender. Next, add the olive oil-chocolate mixture and blend the ingredients into a crumbly dough. Transfer the dough to the bottom of the baking mold and press firmly.
- Pie stuffing: Pre-heat the oven to 275°F. In the meantime, allow the cream cheese to reach room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl. Next, add 1/3 cup cream to the egg-sugar mixture. Firmly mix in the cream cheese to create a smooth mixture. Finally, add the Limoncello and firmly stir one last time.
- Pour the pie mixture into the pie base in the baking mold and bake the pie for 45 minutes until done. Allow the cheesecake to cool properly. Serve each slice with a generous scoop of rhubarb compote.
Write Your Own Review